Als Vorbereitung fürs Chaos Communication Camp 2015 habe ich den alten BlinkenArea-Stromverteiler aktualisiert: einen FI-Schalter mit 30mA eingebaut und die Schmelzsicherungen durch Leitungsschutzschalter ersetzt. Weil die alte Abdeckung danach nicht mehr passte, musste eine neue her. Die ist transparent und hat direkt den Schaltplan mit eingraviert:
Within the next minutes electricity will be turned off on the camp and unfortunately the OHM2013 will be over.
Day 5 has no program anymore, so it’s the departure day.
It was great to be on the camp! We had wounderful camping weather and it was a cool camping area! The best thing about such camps is always the different people from all over the world with their inspiring ideas, projects and experiences they share with each other.
OK, there are a few bad things to tell… unfortunately not all people were as friendly as everyone always used to be on these kinds of events. One night we had no internet anymore due do somebody who has capped the cable. But it got fixed quickly. We hope that these few incidents on this camp were only exceptions and in future we will be able to enjoy our events without such annoying things.
So we keep the good parts in mind and say goodbye to the camp with some pictures from last night.
Kimiko Ishizaka played Bach and Chopin on a piano for hundreds of nerds. We enjoyed listenig to her. It was a great performance. With this performance she announced her upcoming concert tour which is dedicated to promoting the creation of more public domain scores and recordings.
Today I discovered another guy who does some very nice experiments with LEDs on fabrics. It’s Robert from partfusion.
Here are some of his projects:
He also uses conductive thread like I did for my BlinkenBag. He found a better solution for the eyelets that need to be fixed on each side of the LEDs to wrap the thread around it and fix the LED on the fabric. He used kind of jewelry pearls. He had the same problems that I experienced with conductive thread: high resistance, bad conductiveness at the mounting points. Robert fixed the knots with transparent nail polish! Also a really good idea. I used hot glue to prevent the knots from opening up.
Nice guy and nice work! We aready met him on previous events. Besides the fabric experiments he also develops LED displays by using similar technic like we do. Always a pleasure to chat with Robert and swap ideas on LED projects.